In this section:
IED in video
ETN's application to become a member of the Industrial Emissions Directive's Forum has been accepted by the European Commission.
As a member of the Forum, ETN has the opportunity to influence the draft text before the final draft is circulated to the Technical Working Group members for review, as well as to nominate expert members to the Technical Working Group.
ETN IED Committee Members
To see the contact details of the IED Committee Members, please click here (updated on 02 February 2017)
|Roger Brandwood (Chair)|
|Leslie Witherspoon||Solar Turbines||Belgium|
|Peter Jansohn||Paul Scherrer Institute||Switzerland|
|Jean-Louis Vignolo||GE Energy||France|
|Giovanni Cerri||Roma TRE University||Italy|
|Neil Dawson||National Grid||UK|
|Rob Overes||VBR Turbine Partners||the Netherlands|
Review of the Large Combustion Plant BREF Document
The IED Committee reviewed the BREFs (Best Available Techniques Reference Document) related to the IED for Large Combustion Plants (LCP). After a first round of reviewing the massive BREF document, the Committee was quite concerned about incorrect and inconsistent information with the directive itself (disconnection between the Industrial Emissions Directive and the BREF document) that could have serious impacts unless corrections are made.
Please find in the tabs below useful documentation related to the ETN IED Committee's activities since its creation in 2013.
If you are an ETN member, please login to the Members' Area in order to see useful information such as minutes of meetings, correspondence with the EIPPCB, comments submitted to the BREF, and many more. Otherwise you will only see the tab below "Documents".
IED Executive Summay
LCP BREF: Executive Summary, April 2015
- DG Environment: Industrial Emissions Directive webpage
- DG Environment: IPPC Directive webpage
- DG Environment: Large Combustion Plant Directive webpage
- European IPPC Bureau (EIPPCB)
- A short description of the IED is also available on the Europa-site.
- Draft of the Revised Reference Document on Best Available Technology for Large Combustion Plants (LCP-BREF) - June 2016
- Directive on industrial emissions 2010/75/EU (IED)
- Previous Reference Document on Best Available Techniques for Large Combustion Plants - 2006
- Large Combustion Plant Directive
- IPPC Directive
- European Commission Implementing Decision